Thursday, June 04, 2009

Cloudy on the top










This morning, I ventured up to the top of the Gibraltar Rock. And for once, it was cloudy. It makes it cooler, which is nice, but it also makes it a lot harder to get nice photos. I still had a nice time, taking photos of the monkeys. One of them jumped up on my arm (although not as dramatically as the little rascal on the photo with the lady, below). I will try to go up there tomorrow again, hoping that the blue sky will be back.

I also had a walk through some of the 50 kilometers of military tunnels that hollows the rock. The ones I visited were created during WWII, as a fortress within the fortress.

And I had a look at the huge merchant vessel that collided with the Rock just below the lighthouse, in October last year. It was totally wrecked and is still lying there, although scrap recovery is ongoing.

No comments: