Monday, June 01, 2009

cancelled flight and village hunting






Today, Femke flew home to Amsterdam. Here first flight was cancelled due to fog, and the Iberia staff wanted her to stay overnight in Madrid. But after a lot of persuasion (and with the help of some insider’s tips from me), Femke managed to board an earlier connection in Madrid and is now home, safe and sound.

I however, continued my journey – there are still three more stories to research. Today, I was going to a little mountain village I have been recommended. But when arriving after a four hour drive, I realized that this is not what I was looking for.

After lots of phoning and interneting, I drove another hour. And behold – a cute little pueblo, high up in the sierras! Just what I wanted. So no I am staying in Canillas de Albaida, approx 55 km from Malaga. Just came back to the room after a delicious al fresco dinner on the plaza outside the hotel. Juicy lamb skewer, marinated in local herbs, and a perfect crème brulé. Mmm.

No comments: