Saturday, November 20, 2010

Temple fun, Sanda Butik Villas and some flowers (on request)

Colourful Balinese man
Overloaded? Naaah.
At a purification ceremony  in a Balinese temple
My bed at Sanda Butik Villas
Our bungalow


Earlier I got a request to post some photos of myself from Bali, so I did yesterday morning. Now I have a new request - me at a spa with flowers on my back. As I haven't visited a spa yet that is a tricky one. We'll see tomorrow. But meanwhile here are some photos of flowers. On my bed at beautiful Sanda Butik Villas in the mountains, and around their sexy infinity pool.

Yesterday we passed a temple full of people. My friend Anders asked (in Indonesian) if it was OK for us to peek in and take some photos. Of course it was! As long as we didn't actually step into the holy temple site. So we stood in the gate and clicked away on the purification rite. Most of the villagers were there, mostly women and their children. Many were shy, no wonder, but there were also lots of laughter and twinkling eyes. Great fun!

The roads here are full of surprises. And of scooters loaded in the most imaginative ways. I don't mind taking risks as long as they are calculated and worth the effort, but when it comes to traffic I am very careful (some would say a coward, I don't mind). So while many tourists here rent a scooter, I rented a car and asked my friend to drive it. That feels much safer.

No comments: