Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nocturnal research










Last evening turn into some hardcore fieldwork for my bar guide to Berlin. Started off at the cosy Bötzow-Privat and continued straight across the street, at Schwarzwaldstuben, where I also had a delicious starter platter.

Then off to the oddball Russian bar CCCP, where an ancient pinball game enlightened my evening. Rounded it up at the cocktail bar Greenwhich together with two tipsy Danish girls.

On my way home, I happened to stumble over Keyser Soze, where the bartender Dylan looks like an Italian film star from the 30’s, while the bargirl Claudia would fit better in a French movie. The fun thing is, I recognized them and the bar – last time I was in Berlin for a story (at least two years ago, probably more), I stumbled into the same bar a late night. It seems that I have surprisingly regular habits in this city.

Oh yes, nearly forgot. I popped in to Club 54 (or something similar) next to my hotel as well. Odd mix of people and fire-sprouting dragon.

Now, I am off to the next hotel, Melia Berlin, and then to the Natural History Museum to admire the worlds biggest dinosaur skeleton.

No comments: