Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meetings and friends in Stockholm

Brian, me and Fredde

Now and then, I go to Stockholm in Sweden to meet my customers and pitch new ideas and coming stories. Today was one of those days. I had productive and positive meetings with three customers, then headed for my inofficial office in Stockholm, Soldaten Svejk, where I had the great pleasure to meet several friends I haven't seen for a long time.

First to arrive was Fredde, once my paraglider instructor and now an avid contributor to Hypoxia (the paragliding magazine I produce). Then came Susann, a Swedish diplomat who I got to know in Jerusalem. Next in was Brad, an American aid worker and also a fun friend from Jerusalem. He is now studying in Uppsala. Lotta came as well, yet another Jerusalem friend working for SIDA, and this evening "on leave" from her cute little baby.
The Jerusalem gang grew with Åsa, former UN and TIPG staff member, and Lotta, freelance journalist soon moving to New York.

We had a beautiful evening full of laughter, good food and Czech beer :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His name was Brian, not Bad or?
Damn U have to stop drinking soo much beer. U are constanly drunk ;-)

Freditor

www.carpe-diem.se