Monday, February 16, 2009

Museum-spotting in Berlin













Still snowing in Berlin. In other words, a perfect day to check out the museums. Started at CO Berlin, a private photo gallery. Unfortunately, they were in between exhibitions, but will soon host photos from Annie Liebowitz.

Next stop was the Bode-Museum. Statues and altar-pieces are not normally my cup of tea, but this palace is worth a visit in itself. And some of the objects are nice as well.

Then a walk over to the modern and very interesting Deutsche Historische Museum, where I spent a few hours pondering the violent history of this powerful country.

Now it was after three and high time for food. I opted for Konnopfkes imbiss, world famous for their sausages. But alas, they were closed just today for some maintenance. So I walked down to Prater gaststätte & Bierstübe. They didn’t open until three hours later – is somebody trying to starve me here or what? In the end, I found a little café where I got myself some sausage and beer. Puh.

Right now, I'm back at the hotel for a bit of rest, then out again to check out bars. It’s hard work but I feel obliged to do it.

No comments: