Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friends and Family

The icy beach Ribersborg, with the
Turning Torso in the background

Jesper, Anders and Kimmo

Malmö greeted me with fantastic winter weather - clear blue sky, lots of sun and a crisp quality to the below zero-temperature air.
Together with Anders, who as always kindly hosted me in his sofa during my Malmö visit, I took a walk along the 3 kilometer long beach Ribersborg. I once worked here as a lifeguard, in the days when pastel pink was cool and all the girls tanned topless.
We were contemplating these matters while walking down to the city center, when Kimmo, another friend who recently moved to Malmö, joined us.

Micke called, an old friend from the freelance office in Malmö, and suggested lunch at a Lebanese restaurant, Meze. They have a delicious and very affordable buffet which almost made me want to go back to the Middle East. Martin, a photographer from the same freelance group, joineed our meze feast.

Later on, Kimmo invited Anders and me over to his place for a game of poker. I haven't played poker since I left Sweden, almost four years ago, so this was very welcome. Of course, Kimmo (who is almost a professional player) one most of the time, but it was still fun.

In the evening, I met up with my Mother, Sister and her husband Bo-Arne for dinner at Krua Thai. Now, when I lve in Europe again, I can meet them more often, and that is such a sweet thing. The food was good as always, although the service even slower than normal.

Another game of poker with Kimmo, Anders and now also Lucas followed, then we went to the popular bar Brogatan for a drink. Here we met Jesper and Puvve as well - it's great to be in Malmö again!

No comments: