Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lunch in Istanbul

Great! Despite that my day started with the Israeli airport security turning upside down on my bags, twice, it is now a happy and smiling Marko writing. I just sat down at a water pipe café in Istanbul, with an enchanting view of the Bosporus just outside the window. My Turkish meatballs are on their way, and I have several hours to enjoy this beautiful city before I have to be back at the airport at five for my flight to Bombay (or should I say Mumbai?).


Right now, the echo of the prayer calls spreads over the water while the ferries hurries in all directions. A pale winter sun reflects in the grey water, and in the eyes of the young woman and her boyfriend, smoking a water pipe opposite me.

The restaurant/café, Aruna, is one of many hiding under the bridge that connects the two European sides of Istanbul with each other – one of my favorite spots in the city.
Ah, here comes the food!

No comments: