Saturday, November 10, 2007

Back in the blogosphere













Finally, I am back in the blogosphere.
After having far to many things to do (I now have four jobs), I found time to move my blog to here. The other blog worked fine, except when I wanted to update it while traveling. That took ages at slow internet cafés. And considering I am traveling all the time, that was not a good solution. So let's try this one instead.
All the old posts in my old blog are still there.

The last few months have been intensive, but great. In September, I went sailing in southern Turkey for a travel story. That was fun!
You will find a bunch of photos at my web page: (click on Turkey in the top menu).

I also went to Sweden to see friends, family and customers, and I ventured to Gaza for the Aid organization I work for, ANERA. BTW, you can find lots of my photos from the aid work here.

In October, Femke and me went to South Africa for a well deserved holiday. Well, holiday for Femke and work for me - I was there for a travel story. We had a fantastic time, thoroughly enjoying the friendly people, the beautiful scenery, the wildlife and the magnificent food and wine.
In South Africa, we celebrated three wonderful years as a couple. I can't believe how many nice things we have done together in that short time.

I am uploading a whole bunch of photos on my web page (choose South Africa).

After close to three weeks, Femke had to go back to Jerusalem to work, but I stayed another week to do a paragliding story. I had some amazing flying, seeing breaching whales from the air and a big troop of baboons running in the mountains. The best flight, without any doubts, was my 66 kilometer long cross country flight at Porterville. I was up for more then four and half hours. Thats what I call a good day at the office!

Directly when I came home, Lucas, an old friend from back home in Malmö, Sweden, came to visit us together with his girlfriend Lotta. They stayed for a week, and I hope they had such a nice time as we had.

Now, it is work work work. There is lots to do at the aid organization - the last week I have been helping Femke designing a flyer/folder for a big program. At the same time, I am producing the Swedish paragliding magazine Hypoxia, where I am the editor. It is great fun, but also takes a lot of time.

Yesterday Femke took my out for dinner to celebrate that I was nominated for the best travel story in Sweden 2007. It was a story about Marrakech and Essaouira in Morocco, published in Allt om Resor, that got nominated (photos here). It is a great motivator to get this kind of feed back.
Magdalena, Susann, Anna and Ruby joined us at Mona's restaurant for a delicious dinner. Then we continued to the cosy bar Barood, and topped it off at a Spanish bar.
Well, that was it for now, but I do hope that I can come back to the blog a lot more frequently now.

No comments: