Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back in Jerusalem again

Ibrahim, three years, benefits from the extension of the
water network to his village in the middle of the Gaza strip.



Hats made out of used Tetra pak milk boxes. ANERA provides fortified milk to 20 000 pre-school children every school day. Then, they recycle the packaging in many ways.


Downtown Gaza City


Phew, back in Jerusalem after a long day. Today, it was calmer in Gaza, which made it possible to take the photos I needed (see above). Actually, I didn’t hear any shooting at all today, but I did leave early, just in case.

Coming back to shamsa shamsa, the Palestinian side of the Eretz border crossing, I found out that the new white container I noticed when entering is a coordination office for the border crossing, run by people loyal to the President Abu Mazen. I must say it makes the crossing feel a lot safer – when you walk over that long stretch of barren no-mans-land, you don’t want the Israeli’s to start shooting just because there is a misunderstanding (which I have seen happen before).

Now – a glass of wine with my loved one!

No comments: