Friday, February 26, 2010

Mercedes, Beck's and more

My second day in Bremen I had a ride on a graded race track in a €120.000 Mercedes CL500. That was fun. Then I drove a mere €35.000 Mercedes GKL through an off-road track, which was even more fun.

From there I headed directly to Beck's beer brewery for a guided tour and some tasting. Let's put it this way – Bremen is not Brussels. But it was fun anyway. In the evening I had the pleasure of eating dinner with Jan's parents. Jan is our neighbour in Amsterdam but is originally from Bremen. Afterwards I joined Jan and his wife Hyshil for a drink at the Outer Roads bar, on top of the Beluga building. Nice view.

We continued to another bar to meet Sara & Kristian. Sara is a Swedish journalist I worked together with in Brussels. Her husband Kristian is also from Bremen so they lived here for a while. But now they moved back to Brussels and Sara's new job at the European Parliament. We had lots of fun, visiting several different bars in Das Viertel, a popular party-neighbourhood.






No comments: