Monday, February 08, 2010

Enjoying Art Deco and Art Nouveau

Femke had set off Monday morning for shopping and I was fine with that. But first we had to have a cake! So we combined watching beautiful Art Nouveau architecture at the Bedö House with a cake in Café Art Nouveau in the same building.
Then Femke took us to Falk Miksa Street which was full of antique stores with very nice art deco furniture. In the shop Montparnasse we found several beautiful Art Deco bars, but alas, the prices where to high for me.

Our last lunch together in Budapest was a quiet and traditional meal at Restaurant Fülemüle. I had a most delicious Hungarian Ratatouille while Femke went for a good piece of steak. Then Sadly I had to wave Femke off as she had to go back to Amsterdam to work. I was of course already working, and planned to stay another day.

In the afternoon I arranged a small improvised wine tasting at Restaurant Klassz, then met up with my local friend Masha and her boyfriend at the cool bar Szimpla Kert. It is all very Berliny (in a Budapesty way of course) with numerous rooms and bars in a dilapidated building.






No comments: