Sunday, August 23, 2009

More friends, and a new license

Thursday was Svejk day. Soldaten Svejk has somehow turned into my inofficial office when in Stockholm. This time, Åsa, Susann and Margareta joined me, all friends form Jeruasalem. Femke came by later on as well, as did Björn, a paraglider. He seemed to enjoy joining my company of four cute girls.

In the weekend, we stayed in Krister's fantastic apartment in Gamla Stan, while he was in Göteborg. This time, we met mutual friends from around the world. We had dinner with Peter, an old University friend of Femke, and his sisters. They arranged a little tacos party in his apartment on Kungsholmen. Nice!

Saturday, we met up with Anna, another one of our dear friends from Jerusalem. We had a beer in the sun just by the water at Slussen. Unfortunately, I didn't feel well and had to go home. I tell you, it takes a lot for me to say no to a drink with two blonds on a terrace, I was really feeling very ill.
Later on, Lotta joined the girls (we have a lot of Swedish friends we got to know in Jerusalem) which I also missed :-(.

Luckily, I felt much better Sunday morning, when I went up early to go paragliding. Finally, I had the chance to take a towing licence, something I needed to be able to take the next, much more inportant paragliding licence.
Robert picked me up, and kindly borrowed me one of his gliders. We drove out to Härkeberga, outside Enköping, and what a lovely place.. A real idyllic Swedish summer landscape, with an old barn, green fields and swaying golden corn, forests and cliffs, some water passing by and even cute sheep. Lovely!
Björn and Fredrik showed me the inns and outs of tow-starting with a paraglider and then up it went, a number of times. So now I am a tow pilot as well :-)

No comments: