Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Friends, clients and the Parliament






This week, I am spending in Stockholm. I try to go here every time I am in Sweden to meet my clients and the ever-increasing group of friends that live here.

I started with staying at Micke’s place, which is always fun. We met in Cairo 1992 and since then, he has come to visit me wherever I have been living in the world.

I also had the opportunity to have lunch with Peter, my old boss at UVM, and having drinks with paraglider friends, not to mention dinner and beer with Krister, Dag and Anne. Anne was my bodyguard in Kosovo, kind of, and Krister and Dag are friends from University. The same day, I visited Maxson and his Maria in their new home. It wasn't only the home that was new, they also had a new baby, Nelly, only three weeks old. Tiny!

Then, Femke came to Stockholm for a conference, and I helped her out with photos. She works for AWEPA, facilitating the development of African Parliaments and Parliamentarians with the help of Parliamentarians from different European Parliaments, This time, they cooperated with the Swedish Parliament, and that was also the location for the conference.


After the conference, I joined Femke and her colleagues for a drink at the Ice bar, then Belgian beer at Pressklubben. A very nice evening together with four lovely women :-)

No comments: