Monday, October 27, 2008

Paragliding at the coast


After all the travelling I’ve done lately, I have lots of things to do – write a number of stories and produce the next issue of Hypoxia to mention a few.

But looking out today, I realized the weather is to good to stay indoors. And when the forecasts were predicting good winds for paragliding at Wijk aan Zee, nothing could hold me back.

So I took the train and bus out the coast. The sun was shining and the wind was westerly. But there were lots of it. Up to 40 km/h in the gusts. I did manage to make two very short flights, but most of the time I was just waiting for the wind to drop a bit (which it didn’t).

Yet, it was a lovely day by the sea with lots of fresh air. And I had fun, listening to downloaded Swedish radio programs, “Sommar I P1”.

No comments: