Friday, December 09, 2011

Finally some good flying


Today I had another lovely morning walk, saying hello to the pigs and lambs. It’s so rural here, in a very positive way. Already early it was hot and weak winds – good for us paragliding pilots. And the weather did deliver – we got a wonderful flight today. Practising for the coming international competition, we set a task (kind of a heat in a paragliding competition) taking us over to the next valley, poetically named Citrusdal.
I didn’t make it all the way to goal, but still flew 56 kilometers, landing just 12,5 kilometers short. Considering I am the rookie in this elite group and also flying a safer but not so hot wing, I am happy with the result.
This time, I landed far out in the boonies, so no kids. But Magnus, who landed a kilometer or two further, was surrounded by curious and playful children. 

Here is a link to the flight:








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur picture is very beautiful... warm..