Monday, July 04, 2011

Paragliding in Spain

Today I had a great day of paragliding in Piedrahita, Spain. We took off from Pena Negra and flew towards Avila. You have to negotiate a mountain pass which can be tricky but after that we got good height. I was actually up at more than 3700 meter above sea level (which left more than 2500 meter between me and the ground). At these kind of altitudes it is cold, especially for me today as I had forgotten my jacket...

After almost four hours in the air I landed just outside Avila. A lovely flight of 70 kilometers (via five points, 57 km straight line). Most of the time I flew with another Swede, Christian, and we also landed together. Then Lasse was kind enough to come and pick us up. Thanks!

In the evening it was time for the opening ceremony of the World Championships in paragliding. I was busy taking photos of the Swedish team, but also had some time for tapas :-).



The take off is the green square thing on top of the mountain.


Avila 

Evil cloud

The Swedish team




No comments: