Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A sunny day in the boat




Today, Amsterdam gave us all a pre-taste of summer, with temperatures over 20°C and lots of sunshine. A perfect time for a tour with the boat on the canals.

First, our neighbour Hyshil joined me for a little cruise. After a lovely hour, I dropped her off so she could pick up her daughter from the kindergarten.
Next passenger turned out to be Andrew, who I picked up downtown, fresh from the office. We cruised around in the city, sipping a cold beer, then ventured out on the Ij, the bigger water connected to the North Sea Canal. Here we tried to moor at the enormous and sun-kissed terrace of Musiekgebouw, but the waves were to high along the pier for my little boat.

Instead we steered back into to the maze of canals, and I dropped Andrew off, he had to go to a birthday party of a friend. Instead Femke joined me, bike and all, and I had the pleasure of giving her a ride home from work.
Days like this it is just wonderful to live in Amsterdam - What a beautiful afternoon!

No comments: