Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fabulous rijsttafel at Blauw



One of the chores connected with my work is trying out different bars and restaurants for my articles. Now it was time for another tough night at work. Luckily, my dear Femke joined my as backup, for this was to be a heavy-duty shift.

Rijsttafel is the Indonesian version of the Swedish Christmas table or Smörgåsbord, minus the Christmas and the Scandinavian food. It is a buffet of top of the pop Indonesian dishes ranging from mild salads to fierily spiced meat stews. The plan was to try the rijsttafel of the rather new Restaurant Blauw.

And try it we did, all 19(!) dishes. Well, I did, Femke actually skipped the hottest one, obviously not being as experienced as I am in this line of duty. The pictures pretty much say it all, but let me just add that the food was brilliant. And for €29 per person, rather reasonable priced, considering the quality and the dizzingly array of dishes.

No comments: