Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vågå Sunday evening


Vågå is a tiny little village up in the Norwegian mountains, not far from the country's highest peak Galdhøpiggen (2469 meters above sea level).
This is also the location for the Norwegian air sports centre and right now, the venue for the Nordic Open in paragliding. So that's why I am here, to compete in my first paragliding competition ever.
Nordic Open is an International competition with more than 110 participants this year. But it is also the Swedish Championships.

I am here to watch and learn, to have fun and of course to write about it in Hypoxia. Today was the first day of competition, and I am doing really well. In fact so well that I am sharing first place in the comp right now! Of course, it might have something to do with that the flying was cancelled today due to strong winds. But I see it as a good sign :-)

No comments: