Saturday, May 22, 2010

Manoeuvring over lake of Annecy

Yesterday we started the manoeuvres for our safety course. This is all about learning how to control your paraglider if something unexpected happens with it in the air.
So we fly out over the water and create problems, then try to solve them. Yesterday I did asymmetrical collapses, spin stops, B-stall and deep spiral. The latter is a way to quickly loose altitude. I tell you, when you fly almost straight downwards in more than 15 meters per seconds and the G-forces are pulling, it tickles in your belly :-)
Today it was time for full spins and full stalls. A full stall is kind of like a reset manoeuvre – almost all problems with a glider can be solved with a full stall if you have height enough. The photo of me where my glider is all balled up behind me in the air is taken while doing a full stall.

No comments: