Friday, September 11, 2009

Museum day in Brussels







After the brilliant night out yesterday, I took it somewhat slower today. Started with a visit to the new Magritte Museum, which was rather OK. Some of his art is quite fun.

But the new Hergé Museum (the creator of Tintin), which I went to afterwards, was much more fun. The exhibition is interesting, and the commentary (get one of those headphones) excellent. And, the house itself is a beauty. I bought a Tintin album in Dutch to somewhat better my language skills.

In the evening, I met Vicki on Place Lux. She is an old friend of Femke, they studied together in Strasbourg. Last time we met, she was living and working in London, but now, she just landed herself her dream job, as an assistant to a Member of the European Parliament. Always nice to witness people fulfilling their dreams.


Meeting at Place Lux is a nostalgic event - I used to wait for Femke here when she worked in the parliament. Going here a Friday evening is somewhat chaotic. The terraces are overspilling with young Eurocrats flirting, mingling and lobbying in an unholy mix.

No comments: