Monday, April 21, 2008

Femke's parents visiting








Yesterday, Femke’s parents went home to the Netherlands again. It was nice having them here. Unfortunately, I couldn’t join them to Jordan, I was to busy producing the next issue of Hypoxia, the paragliding magazine I am editing. But they had a great time, visiting Aqaba, Wadi Rum and Petra.
Otherwise, we just relaxed together, had some nice walks and went out eating at Pasha’s (for Jerusalem’s best mezes) and Mona´s (for a divine veal fillet).
Saturday, we drove to Hebron. That was there first proper West Bank encounter. Visiting the mosque and the sterile zone around the crazy Israeli settlers is always depressing, but unfortunately this is how things are here. We had lunch in Hebron, then a cup of coffee in Bethlehem on the way home.

In the evening, I got really sick – probably I ate something bad in Hebron. So I spent the day yesterday in bed. But today I am feeling a lot better!

No comments: