Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mother on visit



The last few days, my Mother has been here, visiting us. It is nice to see here again! We have been walking in the Old City, visiting museums and doing excursions. She joined me when I went up to the little village Bardala in the Northern Jordan Valley. ANERA is building a girls school there, and I went up to take some photos. While I was working, my Mother was invited to drink coffee with the local women.

We also drove down to the Dead Sea, and walked in the little nature reserve Ein Gedi. Here, we saw lots of ibex (a kind of desert-mountain goat/gazelle) and hyrax (think huge guinea-pigs). All very cute. I will try to upload some photos later.

We have also enjoyed some nice meals together, both at home, and at restaurants like Mona’s and the sushi place.

No comments: